About our Bank
Why choose CSB? Take a minute to hear from our team...
Community State Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Market President located at our beautiful Mt. Pleasant Office. The Market President is responsible for the sound growth, operations, profitability and risk management of the assigned market area through the strategic and tactical leadership of the assigned office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interacts with the bank's senior management team and recommends, and assists in the implementation of market-related policies, programs, objectives and goals of the bank.
- Translates strategies into clear objectives and tactics that add value toward the strategic direction of the bank.
- Provides leadership for the daily operation of the market through the organization's managers and officers.
- Leads, mentors, develop and trains employees to include business development, underwriting, structure and the like.
- Dispenses advice, guidance, direction and authorization to banking officers on deposit pricing, credit matters, and loans involving more complex situations or requiring close scrutiny.
- Initiates and executes sound and profitable complex credit requests.
- Obtains necessary documents to fully underwrite and document credit requests.
- Analyzes the applicant's financial information, assesses risk, and approves or recommends approval of customer application for loans.
- Seeks guidance and input from the Credit Administration Department on complex credit requests' or those that exceed loan authority.
- Establishes the structure of the loan, including pricing terms and duration in accordance with the customer relationship and our bank's policies, as well as compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Responsible for ongoing portfolio management of relationships including identification and documentation of problem loans, policy exceptions, grade changes, annual reviews, watchlist reviews, and/or special reviews that may be required.
- Ensures loan documentation files are complete, including comprehensive documentation of the decision-making process.
- Maintains credit quality to minimize exceptions, and to prevent past dues and charge offs.
- Responsible for engaging retail manager to ensure excellent customer service.
- Actively engages in business development and civic initiatives with contacts throughout the community , including customers and prospective customers to achieve defined goals.
- Calls on customers and prospects to determine the scope of the potential relationship opportunities and alignment with the bank's core values and strategic vision.
- Refers the customer to the offices for the sale of additional financial products and services.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business management or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of commercial lending experience.
- Two or more years of management experience.
- Strong community leadership experience.
- A proven track record of sound credit underwriting skills.
- Sales energy, with sustained record.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the banking legislation.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
The purpose of this position is to match the mortgage needs of our customers and potential customers to the mortgage products and services we offer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet or exceed mortgage lending volume goals.
- Refer other non-mortgage bank products and services to the right department.
- Meet or exceed fee income goals.
- Have a strong working knowledge of mortgage compliance and demonstrate the ability to work within compliance guidelines.
- Maintain a delinquency level at or below 1% over 30 days on all mortgage loans you originate.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Make sure that the department reputation (internal, external, vendors) is at a very high level.
- Always do things the right way.
- Develop strong referral sources both internally and externally.
- Other responsibilities and projects as needed.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Make recommendations regarding products and services.
- Align with the Mission, Vision and Values and the culture of CSB.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication abilities.
- Strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, and the desire to overachieve.
- Effective organizational and time management skills to succeed in a semi-autonomous, fast-paced environment.
- Desire to work in a community bank and represent CSB in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Experience in working with a mortgage origination software is preferred.
- Must have a concern for people and a desire to help them.
- Generous base plus commission.
Education: Associates or Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Sales / Marketing / Communication preferred and a constant continuation of industry knowledge.
Experience: Ideally 3+ years of mortgage lending in a bank, credit union or mortgage company.
Skills: Great communication skills, great coaching/developing skills, strong knowledge of bank mortgage compliance, strong knowledge of mortgage lending products, deliver great products to customers, strong knowledge of mortgage law.Responsibility and Decision-Making: Grow the mortgage and home equity lending portfolios in a safe manner. Does not have underwriting decision making. Recommend new products, service and vendors to supervisor.
Supervision of Others: None
Physical Demands: Able to lift up to 40lbs.
Interested in joining our team? Contact us.