Tips To Protect Your Vehicle & Belongings
May 28th, 2013
As the weather heats up and Summer approaches it’s time to roll the car windows down and go for a ride. But warmer weather also means more active crooks on the prowl as well. Here are a few tips to keep your vehicle and your belongings safe anytime of year.
- Do not leave your purse, wallet, and/or briefcase in the vehicle. If you must, make sure you keep them out of sight in a glove compartment or the trunk.
- Do not leave your keys in the ignition or hide a spare key anywhere in the vehicle.
- Do not leave your vehicle running or unlocked while you run in to pay for gas.
- Do not leave your cell phone and/or lap top computers in your vehicle. These are an invitation for thieves. If you must, make sure you keep them out of sight in a glove compartment or the trunk.
- Make sure that you have the serial numbers to your speakers, radio, and/or CD player as well as to your cell phone and computers just in case your vehicle is burglarized.
- Always lock your vehicle and roll up the windows when the vehicle is unattended.
- Do not keep your vehicle title in your glove compartment.
- Try to park in well-lit areas at night.
- Be aware of your surroundings and be observant of any suspicious persons in areas where you park your car.
- An alarm system together with a kill switch could prevent your vehicle from being stolen.